Sustainable growth through an outcome-oriented public service
Assist in the provision of timely, credible and neutral evidence-based information to determine the relevance, fulfillment of objectives, impact and sustainability of government policies, programmes and projects
- Introduction of a national evaluation policy,
- Implementation of a system of indicators for development evaluation,
- Implementation of a national development evaluation process,
- Creation of an Evaluation Information System (EIS),
- Provision of recommendations based on evaluation observations to enhance the effectiveness and sustainability of policies, programmes and projects implemented by the government.
Development evaluation is :
Systematic and objective assessment of government policies, programmes and projects, their design, implementation and expected outcomes with the aim to assess their effectiveness, productivity, fulfillment of objectives, impact and sustainability.